NYP TRI OPEN WATER SWIMMING
The club is fortunate to have access to the lake at Ripon Racecourse. We aim to open the swimming from May until late September each year on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays when there is no horse racing at the racecourse. We will inform members by email and on facebook as soon as the lake temperature has reached the required 11 degrees.
There is a strict safety procedure each session:
A Co-ordinator of Open Water Swimming (COWS) will be present when you sign in, hand in your NYP card and take a WRIST BAND before you start swimming. Tow Floats are mandatory.
No swim card, no swim. No exceptions.
- Saturdays FROM 8am – 09:30am
- Tuesdays FROM 6 pm – 7.30 pm
- Thursdays FROM 6 pm – 7.30 pm
Swim times from from June 2022:
- Saturdays FROM 7:30am – 09:45am
- Tuesdays FROM 6 pm – 8 pm
- Thursdays FROM 6 pm – 8 pm
IMPORTANT CHANGE TO OWS!!!!
With immediate effect Exit time on a Saturday is now 09:30. If you are unable to swim both islands under 30 minutes please only complete the 1st island if entering from 09:00
This is non negotiable.
Note:- No Swimming on racecourse fixture days, currently as below. Also, Check NYP TRI Club Facebook Pages.
Thursday 20th April
Saturday 29th April
Thursday 1st June
Thursday 22nd June
Saturday 22nd July
Tuesday 8th August
Saturday 19th August
Tuesday 29th August
Tuesday 5th September
Saturday 30th September
There are no changing facilities at the lakeside. Adults at the lakeside please be aware of other users including minors of the race course and try to avoid nudity.
HOW TO GET AN OPEN WATER SWIMMING CARD.
(PLEASE DON’T LEAVE IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO JOIN. YOU SHOULD ALLOW AT LEAST 2 WEEKS TO GET A CARD.)
- First join NYP Tri by clicking here https://membermojo.co.uk/nyptri
- Your membership card will be sent to you if you have already attended a lake induction.
- New members will receive their cards once a safety induction to open water swimming has been completed lakeside. Cards will be ordered for printing and posted to the address supplied at point of joining. Cards are printed every Sunday and posted out.
New members will need to read the disclaimer below, follow the links when you sign up and tick the box to say you have read and understood the rules/regs. You will also need a photo to upload to the on-line joining form.
Membership Secretary is Jo Tipling at email@example.com
OPEN WATER SWIM INDUCTIONS
New member lake inductions are to be arranged individually accessing the NYP Tri Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYPTriMembersForum/
RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Open Water Rules: NYP OW NOP AND GENERAL OW RULES 2022
- Cows Guidelines: NYP OW COWS GUIDELINES 2022NYP OW COWS GUIDELINES 2022
- Open Water Induction: NYP Tri Induction Training Programme 2016
- Emergency Action Plan 2021: NYP OW EAP – Feb 2022
- Advisory Health Document 2022: NYP Advisory Health Document – Feb 2022
Adult Disclaimer: Click here to download
Competent Junior Disclaimer: Click here to download
Under 18 Disclaimer: Swim & duath under 18 declaration – Disclaimer Feb 2022