NYP TRI OPEN WATER SWIMMING 2018
The club is fortunate to have access to the lake at Ripon Racecourse. We aim to open the swimming from May until late September each year on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays when there is no horse racing at the racecourse. We will inform members by email and on facebook as soon as the lake temperature has reached the required 11 degrees.
There is a strict safety procedure each session
A Co-ordinator of Open Water Swimming (COWS) must be present and you must swap your OW SWIM CARD for a WRIST BAND before you start swimming.
- Saturdays FROM 7am – 10am
- Tuesdays FROM 6 pm – 8 pm
- Thursdays FROM 6 pm – 8 pm
- Note:- No Swimming on racecourse fixture days, these dates will be shown on the website calendar. Also, Check NYP TRI Club Facebook Pages.
- Note:- No swim card, no swim. No exceptions.
There are no changing facilities at the lakeside. Adults at the lakeside please be aware of other users including minors of the race course and try to avoid nudity.
HOW TO GET AN OPEN WATER SWIMMING CARD.
(PLEASE DON’T LEAVE IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO JOIN. YOU SHOULD ALLOW AT LEAST 2 WEEKS TO GET A CARD.)
- First join NYP Tri for the 2018 season by clicking here https://membermojo.co.uk/nyptri
- Your membership card will be sent to you if you have already attended a lake induction.
- New members will receive their cards once a safety induction to open water swimming has been completed lakeside. Cards will be ordered for printing and posted to the address supplied at point of joining. Cards are printed every Sunday and posted out.
New members will need to read the disclaimer below, follow the links when you sign up and tick the box to say you have read and understood the rules/regs. You will also need a photo to upload to the on-line joining form.
Membership Secretary is Jo Tipling at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 OPEN WATER SWIM INDUCTIONS
New member lake inductions are to be arranged individually by contacting Kamilla Gordon by accessing the NYP Tri Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYPTriMembersForum/
RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Open Water Rules: NYP Tri OWS Rules – Dec 2017
- Cows Guidelines: NYP Tri COWS Guidelines 2016
- Open Water Induction: NYP Tri Induction Training Programme 2016
- Emergency Action Plan 2018: NYPtri-Club-EAP-Dec 2017
- Advisory Health Document 2018: Advisory-Health-Document-2018
Adult Disclaimer: Click here to download
Competent Junior Disclaimer: Click here to download
Under 18 Disclaimer: Click here to download